Jack Frost is officially here for an extended stay. As we enter December, we know the chills are coming and the temperatures will be diving. As our wardrobe changes to accommodate the chill in the air, we oftentimes branch out with a new shoe wardrobe as well. The coming months will afford a lot of activities that will bring out the best in our attire. In hopes of always putting our best foot forward, I felt the need for a bootie call!
Dressy to masculine, sophisticated to simple…boots are here to stay for a while and there are always so many options from which to choose. Let’s explore some of my top picks!
The Casual Boot
The casual boot is perfect for most outings because they pair great with denim, chinos, or cords. Here are some of my favorite casual styles, and most of these are less than $40.
1. The Ankle Bootie from Aldo Kaowia – These chic and fun booties are very versatile and would integrate into your life seamlessly. Kick it for a night out on the town or strut through the mall on a Saturday shopping day.
2. The Two Tone Riding Boot - These tall riding boots with the thoughtful hardware detail are great to go with a multitude of outfits. Working with both brown and black, you can utilize these all season long.
3. The Lace Up Combat Boot – I love the look of these boots! The streamlined design with rugged details makes these boots the perfect pair for a skinny jean and just about any style top.
4. The York Riding Boot – This simple and traditional look is the staple riding boot for you. Available in wide calf sizes this boot is the perfect fit for any woman on the go.
The Shooties and Booties
I love this little footwear hybrid. I feel like these pieces of fantastic footwear are a must have for every woman. Some ladies don’t have the height for the tall riding boots, but any stature can strut their stuff in these.
1. Faux Suede High Heel Bootie – With an asymmetrical cut, these booties are sure to catch an eye. Whether you’re pairing them with a dress or jeans, these high stepping hybrids (available in black and navy) are perfect for you!
2. The Strappy Heeled Booties – These effortlessly chic booties are practical and perfect for all your footwear needs. With a side zip and clever hardware, these pair perfectly with an ensemble.
3. Lace Up Wedge Bootie – Step it up in style with these powerful wedges. A touch of masculinity with the oxford style, these casual wedge heel adds sophistication to any outfit.
4. Low Tilda Welt Bootie – Sassy is the name of the game with these red hot booties. Also available in black and cobalt, these are definitely a statement piece. A perfect touch to an upcoming holiday party.
The Dress Boot
Boots to work are not just for Vivian Ward chasing after Edward Lewis on Hollywood Blvd. Designers have really picked up their game in presenting some great boots for those dressier outfits.
1. Black Leather Quilted Bootie – These sleek and sophisticated quilted booties would be a great addition to a power suit or pencil skirt in the board room. With just enough heel to give some sass, they are still conservative enough to be appropriate.
2. Leather Equinox Bootie – Carlos Santana hit it out of the park with this one. The flattering asymmetrical lines create a polished, yet sexy look. Pair these with a great dress or a tailored trouser and you are set.
3. Nine West Appleye Bootie – Smooth and polished in black suede, this peek-toe bootie is trimmed in leather. A touch of class, with a slight edge makes this unique bootie a necessity for a black skirt or slim fitting trouser.
4. Crown Vintage Tall Boot – I’m not always a fan of a tall boot in a dressy occasion, but something about these worked for me. Maybe it was the button detail, the low profile heel, or the camel color…whatever it was, it had me at first glance. These feminine tall boots are the perfect pair to wear from day to night.
Short or tall, open or closed, sleek or detailed…there’s a boot for everyone. Make sure you are equipped with some of this season’s most desired footwear. Don’t be afraid to invest in a good pair. I don’t see these beauties going anywhere for a while. Get a quality pair that will last you for a while and you’ll never regret it. Answer that phone, ladies…it may be a bootie call! It is, after all, that time of year! Stay stylish!